The Outstanding Beginning Teacher Award Ceremony and Lunch will be held at Courtyard by Marriott, Columbia, MO on Wednesday, March 27, 2019.
Outstanding Beginning Teacher Nomination Information and Form
The following guidelines are being provided to MACTE member institutions to help guide your nomination of Outstanding Beginning Teachers.
1. Only MACTE member institutions may nominate MACTE Outstanding Beginning Teachers. Please check the MACTE website to verify your membership status.
2. Each institution may nominate up to two- first or second year teachers for this award. The due date for the nominations is December 16, 2018.
3. Each institution will need to complete and submit this nomination form. Along with completing this form, you must email a letter of nomination from both the Institution and the school district where the teacher is employed to Tracy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. These letters need to be included for your nomination to be valid. The deadline to submit both of the letters is December 16, 2018.
4. Once nominations have been received, the MACTE Executive Board will follow-up with an official letter of invitation to each person. MACTE will pay for each nominee and one guest to have lunch. The invitation letter will ask the beginning teachers if they plan to bring additional guests (beyond one) to the luncheon. If so, they will be asked to complete an enclosed form telling us how many additional guests they plan to bring. They will need pay for their additional guest(s) using PayPal on the MACTE website before the luncheon. The lunch cost is $25.00 per person.
5. Once beginning teachers have been invited by the MACTE Executive Board, each institution then notifies its awardees that they will make financial arrangements to cover their travel expenses for coming to the ceremony. Award recipients do not have to register for the conference in order to attend the morning sessions designed specifically for beginning teachers.
6. Please note that Outstanding Beginning Teachers are invited to attend professional development sessions the morning of the luncheon, starting at approximately 9:30 am. Details will be included on the MACTE conference agenda and will be sent to each award recipient. At 12:00 p.m. the luncheon and award ceremony will take place. Guests are invited to attend all of these events. We have invited the 2018 Teacher of the Year, Beth Davey to speak at the award luncheon.
7. A standard press release will be available on the MACTE website after the event and can be downloaded by any institution or school district in order to provide information to local media regarding their award recipient. Photos of the awardees will be available on the MACTE website to download.
8. MACTE may be asking for a brief video clip of each nominee for our website. We will also request each beginning teacher send us a photo, tell us what they teach, along with a quote about teaching, for a slideshow during the luncheon.
Click here for the Outstanding Beginning Teacher Nomination Form.